LiteSpeed Web Server is the leading high-performance, high-scalability web server. It can be used to replace an existing Apache server without changing any other programs or operating system details, and without breaking anything. As such, LiteSpeed Web Server can quickly replace a major bottleneck in your existing web hosting platform. With its comprehensive range of features and easy-to-use web administration console, LiteSpeed Web Server can help you conquer the challenges of deploying an effective web hosting infrastructure. It allows for customers to have extremely fast loading websites.
What Is LiteSpeed Web Server
Litespeed and Apache Web Server Comparison
- LiteSpeed is more than 50% faster in PHP content delivery than Apache with mod_php on the perspective of the dynamic content. In other word, we can tell that it is more than 6 times faster than Apache
- It added the security like anti-DDoS features, such as bandwidth and connection throttling while it is less in apache.
- LiteSpeed web server reduce the complexity by eliminating the need for an HTTPS reverse proxy or additional 3rd party caching layers.
- LiteSpeed web server capable of handling thousands of concurrent clients with minimal memory consumption and CPU usage.
- LiteSpeed Web server consume fewer resources than Apache, can support more traffic, DDOS protection is integrated and can do absolutely everything that makes Apache but better.
- Apache problem occurs in high traffic, not very scalable, increasingly consume more resources and reach to block the whole server.
- Apache creates a new process/thread for each connection. And each process consumes memory and CPU so if you are more the performance is affected.
LiteSpeed WordPress Cache
A couple of months ago, LiteSpeed implemented their caching software specifically for WordPress. Initial testing combined with Cloudflare saw a nice little jump in page-load times across the board. LiteSpeed has also done their own internal testing that shows performance much better than Apache and other caching plugins:
After analyzing the above pictorial representation, Of course, all Shared and Reseller customers have the ability to use LiteSpeed’s WordPress caching plugin free of charge. While LiteSpeed is just one piece of our infrastructure, it’s a very important one, and helps us deliver crazy-fast speeds so our customers can focus on what’s most important to them; running their businesses.
Litespeed Web Server Features
It has superior performance in terms of both raw speed and scalability. Litespeed is faster than Apache while serving PHP contents. It’s an ideal hosting platform for serving WordPress, Joomla and Drupal based websites as it easily increases PHP’s performance and security.
It is compatible with the commonly used Apache web server and its features such as mod_rewrite, .htaccess and mod_security. Litespeed web server can load the Apache configuration files as it works as a replacement for Apache. It is also compatible with the leading hosting control panels such as cPanel, Plesk and Direct Admin.
Performance & Scalability
It increases the performance & scalability of web hosting platforms through its unique event driven architecture. It has the capability of serving thousands of clients simultaneously with minimum usage of server resources such as Memory and CPU. The uniquely developed & optimized code of LiteSpeed web server increases the PHP performance as well as serves the static websites faster than Apache. It has the capability of handling sudden spikes in traffic as well as help in managing the DDOS attack without any DDOS mitigation hardware.
It is compatible with Apache’s mod_security feature and has built in anti-DDoS capability. With customizable features such as per-IP connection, request, and bandwidth throttling, IPs that make too many connections or requests or ask for too much bandwidth are blocked, stopping attackers before they overrun your server.
Switching to LiteSpeed from Apache is an easy task and very cost effective in terms of support costs. Litespeed’s licensing costs are quite lower than any hardware upgrade required to optimize a server running Apache. LiteSpeed helps in reducing the support costs with its unique features providing an optimized, secure, stable hosting platform which in turn allows support technicians and Administrators peace of mind from an overloaded server.